Gluten, celiac disease, gluten intolerance: definition, symptoms, treatments
You find in this video and in this article:
- The definition of gluten
- The main foods containing gluten
- Definition of gluten intolerance (celiac disease)
- symptoms of gluten intolerance (celiac disease)
- The diagnosis of gluten intolerance (celiac disease)
- Treatment of gluten intolerance or celiac disease
To start, you should know that the gluten is made up of a protein. He is here in many cereals such as wheat, I'oats and the rye, It is abscent from rice as well as corn.
Gluten simply allows the swelling dough when making bread.
It is interesting to know that some people are intolerant Gluten, they suffer from theceliac disease. When these people consume foods that contain gluten, their body produces antibody. These latter attack villi (intestinal structures involved in the absorption of nutrients and facilitating their passage at the level of blood) of their small intestine.
The symptoms celiac disease are very characteristic, we find:
- Of the diarrhea frequent long -term
- A reduction of the'absorption of the nutrients leading to a weight lossas well as deficiencies in different vitamins, trace elements and minerals
- Of I'anemia (reduction in hemoglobin levels, it is a protein that carries oxygen through blood) resulting in the fatigue
- Of the bone pain
- A delay of the growth
the diagnostic celiac disease is done via a fibroscopy (examination allowing the doctor to view the villi of the small intestine). The research of Specific markers In terms of blood confirms the diagnosis.
the Treatmentt of celiac disease consists of to avoid At the maximum foods that contain gluten.
It is interesting to know that gluten intolerance is generally manifested 6 months After the introduction of foods that contain gluten among infants. She can also present herself between 40 and 60 year.
Dr Noura Marrai (Doctor of Pharmacy, YouTuber Health, creator of the health well-being Pharmaquiz application),
Pharmaquiz YouTube channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3CzlCm-0Yh7-lYM6K2SfVg?sub_confirmation=1
Play the day of the day for free to test your knowledge and learn useful information to your health: Click here
Discover theCollection of books and e-booksvery welcome on the most common diseases (Type 1 and 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, pain and painkillers, ...) to prevent them, but also treat them properly:https://pharmaquiz.fr/collections/frontpage